Saturday, December 8, 2012

Romantic Expressionism

I am a huge Community fan , and being one I'm obviously very involved in the show. Because deep down , I am very geeky and this is a show that celebrates the awkward , popular culture and general 'kookiness'. For instance , the Dungeons and Dragons episode was epic , the Pulp Fiction/ My Dinner with Andre tribute and the Remedial Chaos theory was phenomenal. 
But despite all the above , Romantic Expressionism was my all time favourite episode , Emily Dickinson once said that when she read something or saw something that moved her , she knew it was Art because it caused ripples in her psyche and she would never forget the feeling.( Unless she got Dementia in her old age)


There is a scene where the Study Group discuss the prospect of romantic relationships blossoming between them , because after all it's not exactly incestous because they are in fact not a "real family" and they can date each other. 


Community


Thus the foreshadowing ensues , and they stare each other in what I can only describe as geekly epic , Abed played by actor Danny Pudi is sensational. The prospect of  Annie and Jeff really became a cliffhanger for me after this episode , also the tweepop soundtrack in the background (By Ludwig Goransson) may have something to do with it. In my defence , no one can resist The Weepies. If that's not a romantic moment  what is?
Jeff and Annie


The prospect of a love interest ... with just a reclusive little stare and subtle smile and how similar this line sounds to an alternative rock band lyric(The Smiths , The Killers any other The" Bands") now that's stuff dreams are made of. I'm a little like Abed and I wish life was like Television with a clear script and logical love interests , and most importantly likeable leading men  because in real life dating can be awkward. 
But I have to keep hoping that I'll find that sweet spot - a stare  that expresses exactly how I feel in 3 seconds...

I'll practice my Disney Face in the meantime.















Best Quotes from Romantic Expressionism:

Annie: We haven't even kissed!
Pierce:That doesn't mean you're not having sex.

Shirley: Does anyone get specific about me?
Pierce: Check your e-mail. 
Shirley: I mark you as spam. 
Pierce: Who the hell is Pam?

Jeff:  Fine, okay. I guess we're not really family. It's more complicated than that because unlike a real family there's nothing to stop any one of us from looking at each other as sexual prospects.

No comments:

Post a Comment