Monday, April 29, 2013

Come back

Come back to me and make me live
 Because the night is so cold and no stars are light
 I linger here in it , tortured by it
Comforted by the thought of warmth
Seeping back to your body

Come back to me and make me sing,
So loud! The heavens will shout with
The vibrations of my thanksgiving and praise
To God in His Glory and Grace for keeping you safe

I hurt. That special kind of pain reserved for humans
Death seems like a sweet escape or deep slumber?
Perhaps
I'm left frozen in suspended animation
Doomed to wander the galaxy
Alone

Come back to me and make me breathe
It feels like eternity since I exhaled
Why did it take so long to find your touch?
There is so much I miss

When the dawn comes and the shadow leaves
When the fragrance of the sun fills the air
When the wind travels to his hemisphere
I'll look for you  will see you again?

Come back to me and make me live

No comments:

Post a Comment