Wednesday, July 7, 2010

If , I was in love right now


If, by chance I was in love right now
If , I got God's greatest gift
If , I was in love right now.
I would hope that unrequited love was behind me
And that he that loved me , would mean it so
That he and I would love equally , none over the other
There would be no room for crying , and if there was he would not be the cause
That I would know when to shut up , when to speak softly and when to ask questions
That he would know when to understand , when to flatter and when to ask for help
I would be the greatest cook , and watching something I made of love can he enjoy
That we would never stand to be apart ,
That I could never disguise , and our faults we endure
If , I was in love right now
I'd find rest in his arms , and make my seal
That no other could find rest there or comfort- save me
He would be etched in my heart , with an un-erasable pen
I would never hide , never lie , I'd be blind
But he would not turn me into a fool , for he would be blind too
I would acknowledge that love is a pilgrimage
A journey , a song , lyric and melody
And everyday my face would look longingly into yours
All day everyday .
I would hold your hand , and you would hold my heart
I would do everything I could to love you more and more
And if we got wedded , married on the roof somewhere
You would never age for me , you would remain
The person I loved , the person I chose
If you fell ill , I would nurse you to health
Make tonic and remedies for your quick recovery
If you lost your legs , I would be there to hold your hands
Make thanksgiving for still having you around , you needing me more
If you got older , I would be your shoulder
Oh , if I was in love right now
Today , tomorrow , forever , in love right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment