Friday, October 8, 2010

Lend me

Lend me thy words , and I -
I shall lend you my ears
Together we shall be in heavy debt
A good debt rather-
For i will listen to you
Till you become a song in my heart
Together bound by the bargain of our love
How my heart calls for you
Might I deny?
Night it calls
Day it toils
It says your nym ; morn , noon and night
Your words like music to my ears
Play on , play on - I urge thee
Sing and hear ,
Just to hear you speak
It rings in my head
I long for a hundred words
I long for a thousand!
Speak , speak again and again
I am in such a state to hear
To feel you , to remember you
I read your letters on and on
I never tire
Oh , how your words flatter
Whatever you say , I pray in thanks
I love thee in such a state
Lend thee thy words
And I?
I shall lend you my ears ,
My eyes ,
My heart ,
My soul ,
My every part.
And together we shall be in the debt of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment