Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Captain Wentworth's love letter to Anne Elliot.

I can listen no longer in silence . I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach.
You pierce my soul.I am half agony , half hope. Tell me not that i am too late , that such precious feelings are gone forever.

I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own , than when you almost broke it eight years and a half ago.

Dare not say that a man forgets sooner than a woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you . Unjust i may have been , weak and resentful i have been but never inconstant. You alone brought me to Bath .For you alone i think and plan - Have you not seen this?Can you fail to understand my wishes.

I had not waited even these ten days , could i have read your feelings , as i think you have penetrated mine . I can hardly write . I am every instant hearing something that overpowers me . You sink your voice , but i can distinguish the tones of that voice , when they would be lost on others.Too good , too excellent creature!

You do us justice in deed. You do believe that there is true attachment and constancy among men.Believe it to be the most , fervent , most undeviating in.

F.W

No comments:

Post a Comment