Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The brief tale of the Lady-Dame & the Man-at- Charms.

The Poet:
O what ails thee fair damsel?
See how you lean your arm across your cheek
Is melancholy a visiting?
And yet i remember never seen you in such state.

The Lady-Dame:
Tis nothing of a little and a lot
I know only of myself & little of the world
My inexperience punish'd

The Poet:
Ah!I know what ails you , if it were not just fever or joint pain
See how you speak with such fervour & fiery retribution
A matter of the heart i see
And yet you claimed never to be in such state.

The Lady-Dame:
L'amour , l'amour they all cry
I cannot love , love is dead in my age
To love another is to show weakness
And yet i would , but i was quick rid off

The Poet:
My lady has met her match - The Man-At-Charms
Beware for he is much a feared
His love is most generous where it is most hurtful
He loves another and another and yet another!
And yet you claimed never to love one so . .

The Lady-Dame:
Love .. did the Bard sing it loud to me
Like a song i would listen morn , noon and night
Man-at-Charms in deed , but was i so smitten or was it a passing fleeting
I can never tell . .
I did tire of the role of the lady on the high tower
Away from the world and i wanted my world to collide with another
Why not him , then?
His eyes were wild and i am wild
I was drawn irrevocably to a desire to be adored , or desired
Nay , the lady doth protest
Nay not love , dear poet

The Poet:
I know thee well , virtuous as you are kind-hearted
Deny thy nym , thy true nature
You cannot love like the shells at sea
Testing the waters and leaving them on the empty shores
You are the very ocean,
Deep , wild and with timeliness beauty
Then how can you be much bereaved with him?

The Lady - Dame:
Beauty you say ,
What is the use of beauty if no one is there to appreciate?
If love is a sickness wouldn't his kiss be a cure
I'd be like Sleeping Beauty and finally wake from life
My beauty is wasted on my fears,and he would ignite somehow
Shall i speak of this longing , or am i much at stake?

The Poet:
Speak of plight , and i will but listen:

The Lady- Dame:
I'm ill with the thought of his kiss , laced with wine and sedition
To get these kisses four to tenfold
Had i but got one of this , i could writ ten thousand verses from a single kiss
But starved lips, received no rations and thirst was mistress & friend
Was i mistook?
When a kiss was a cure and i held my breath
What is it that makes men go mad?

The Poet:
I think it well in your favor
That Man-at- charms was aloofness
Did you not see his ways
Tis strange for you have a philosophical mind

The Lady-Dame:
What good does thinking do - but what i feel?
Dear Sir, Dear friend and fellow Poet
You cannot take a measure and make it measure
In life you think , you die so and so

The Poet:
You cannot be run away with feeling
Or misery shall be mistress & friend

The Lady-Dame:
Misery is my old friend ,offenses against me misery attempts at them
What of bitterness , she keeps me warm at night
For without the sour the sweet cannot be sweet
And yet i would be goaded to say i
Eat plentifully the bitter fruits of life

And i said never to be in such state:
Am i not a human being with warm blood running through my veins
And yet bear in mind - i am a prisoner of my doing
Paralyzed by deception and pain from early years
But its time like these you learn to live again
I am one and twenty
I am much guarded for my heart , my very being , my essence

The Poet:
All the more to wait for your white knight?

The Lady- Dame:
This is not the age of Camelot , and i am no Damsel-in -Distress
Why think me naivete just as Man-at -Charms
In this day & age there is no real love
No Brave & Gallant Sir.Lancelot on his white horse
With no ill intent or malicious design
Today we have , men with ill consequence
Our media , books & songs they make it lust, comic or games
You dare offer a remedy?

The Poet:
I dare not
But this reflection , be not afraid to give your heart
Life is cruel to be sure , but time malicious teacher will prove thee wrong

The Lady-Dame:
Oh ,the world can spin so madly, love can end so badly
Stories will end so sadly,
But he does not have my heart-ache so things will not end so badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment