Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Unrequited is quite right

Feelings are such terrible things to own
They tease you and tarry you along
As if you turned into a foolish person
Yes, that is what it is
Foolishness
If i were a heartless dame
I would be content
For i cannot let go of the one i fancy
Pity he does not fancy me
I'd often hoped that he did
But love does not tire one and leave the other
In indifference
So if i writ this and say he does
Twill be a falsehood
He is aware of my feelings and affections
Tis not altered his own
For his affections i have yet to behold
Or perhaps never,
Alas! A fair lady such as me
Cannot win the fancy of a lad
Perhaps i speak more than i ought
This displeases him
Or that i had long flowing hair and breasts up to my chin
These would please him
This is all Shakespeare's fault
He said 'Trip no further; pretty sweeting , Journeys end with lover's meeting'
Needless to say, unrequited love was never William Shakespeare's fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment